Monday, June 11, 2012

The hassles of travel

I write this as I am sitting in the airport at Copenhagen waiting for our connecting flight to Vienna. I don’t mind the wait, and its interesting to people watch, though this layover is a bit longer than what I would prefer. It’s been quite a trip so far. We arrived at the airport in a timely fashion, checked our bags, and headed to go through the dreaded security. Well, we got there just as they shut down the metal detectors and directed everyone to those crazy backscatter image things instead. Creepy. But, whatever, you do what you have to do to get to Europe. We boarded the plane and were off. I had a few flashbacks to last years fiasco first attempt to fly over, and was very happy when the engines worked the entire flight and the landing was very smooth. Dinner wasn’t great, but what can you expect from airplane food? Once we arrived in Copenhagen, we were once again directed to go through security. I set off the metal detector, though I’m not exactly sure how since there was no metal on me. I wasn’t even wearing jeans, thus avoiding having a metal button. Who knows. Then, while waiting in the airport, I decided to find a bathroom and was initially pleased to find that you didn’t have to pay to use it. I was displeased, however, to find two men washing their faces in the sinks. I don’t think they belong to this country, but seriously, isn’t the sign of stick figure wearing a skirt the universal symbol for NO MEN ALLOWED? Needless to say, I walked right back out. If this is any indication of the rest of the trip, I’m slightly concerned. But don’t worry, I’m still on cloud nine and quite eager to get where we are going. This trip is going to be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment