Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Another day in Vienna

This morning, we visited a museum and spent several hours looking at art and marveling and the detail and the history and talent. Basically, we stared at these pictures like a couple of fools. I needed to pick my jaw up off the floor on a couple occasions, had to sit down a few times, and almost needed some oxygen. This art is amazing. Especially Cranach.  Any room that had a Cranach painting acted like a magnet. I could stare at his work all day. Obviously, since this was a museum, I don't have any photos to share. You must go see for yourself. I highly recommend it. From here we went to grab some quick lunch, and then headed off to a different cemetery to find Mahler. It was raining a bit, but that didn't stop us. After searching around, we found him. I will never tire of cemeteries or standing so close to these famous composers.

After this, we met up with a friend of Ross for dinner and after dinner Ross and I spent our last evening in Vienna wandering the city. We stopped by for one final chat with Brahms. I love how he looks right down at you. During the day, this statue was loaded with tourists, but in the evening it was just us.
Then we just wandered the city. It was a perfect night for walking around Vienna since the weather was gorgeous. It was cool enough for a jacket, but not cold, and the sun set was stunning. I took out my camera and took pictures of everything I could. I'll leave you with just a few snapshots to give you a small taste of what what we experienced. Understand that these pictures barely scratch the surface of what is here. I enjoyed Vienna very much and  am really glad I got to visit this city.






No comments:

Post a Comment