Thursday, June 14, 2012

One country down, four to go

Today we left Austria and went to Prague. It was a VERY long train ride, so at least the scenery was so pretty. Upon arriving, we went in search of our hotel. I just love the hustle and bustle of this city. This city has a very different feel than any other city I've visited. I would never want to live here, but I sure love to visit. The city is set up in a very strange way with long blocks, no grid system, and very few streets labeled well. Needles to say, we got lost and walked in a few circles before finding our hotel. Then we set out to see the city. The castle was closed, so I was a little disappointed, but that just gives me an excuse to go back sometime.


We walked on the crowded bridge and looked at all the different statues that line it. The photo below is my personal favorite. I wish I could take it home with me and put it in my yard.

From here, we met up with another one of Ross's friend and had dinner. We then spent the evening together and the three of us went all over Prague. It was great to have a personal tour guide who knew the city so well. My earlier disappointment about not getting into the castle quickly disappeared when the sun went down. I had never before experienced Prague at night. It is absolutely stunning. I took a million pictures, none of which did justice to what we saw. I'll post just a couple of my favorites. I particularly like the sky in the first one. Beautiful and haunting all at the same time.


We didn't get back to the hotel until well after 11, and after a long day of travel, I fell into bed exhausted. Though we only had a few hours to really enjoy Prague, it was 100% worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment