Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Organ day

Today we got to play not one, but TWO historic organs. We first went to Clauen. This church was stunning and the organ gave me goosebumps. It wasn't a large organ, and had only one manual, but it was a total knockout as Craig would say. I'm not sure which I enjoyed more, hearing it or playing it. It sounded very different out in the room than it did from the bench. The touch was esecially good. This is what I live for. I would kill to have an organ like this back at home. Sigh. Enjoy some pictures.







From here we went to Schelerton. This organ was nice, but didn't make my heart race the way Clauen did. Good thing we had nearly twice the time at Clauen! This organ at Schelerton was a bit peculiar in that the manuals didn't really match, so registration options were somewhat limited.




Once we had played, we went with the Ehlerdings for some more sight seeing, and then back to their house for one final dinner together.

No comments:

Post a Comment