Sunday, May 10, 2009

Changes...

This morning I played my last services at St. John's UCC. A very wise professor I once had told me that being a church worker will mean moving from parish to parish, and there is always both sadness and excitement with each move. I learned today what he meant by that, as I felt both sadness and excitement all at once. I will certainly miss all the wonderful people at St. John's that I got to know. I will certainly not miss the 30+ mile commute in the snow. I learned a lot during my time there, though I wasn't anticipating my time there to be so short. And, I must confess that while I will miss the kind and gracious people at St. John's, I'm terribly excited at the thought of being back in a Lutheran Parish rooted deep in the Liturgy and Word. I can't wait to sing "This is the Feast" and the Sanctus and Agnus Dei, to speak the creed each week, and hear gusty singing out of LBW. I'm also eager to work with the children, as this is something I've really missed this past year. In a way I'll be starting all over in learning new music, new faces, new names, new schedules, but that's just how it goes, I guess.

I am a Lutheran girl.

This is most certainly true.

No comments:

Post a Comment