Wednesday, June 12, 2013

We have arrived!

I'm sitting in my hotel in Kelsterbach fighting jet lag. I am quite tired but must stay awake a bit longer. It is always strange to loose sense of time and I'm not even sure what day it is at the moment.

I left Elgin and a very, very sad little puppy on Tuesday. My little Poco was so, so sad. I've never seen him that sad when I've left before. I think perhaps I've been doing this enough that has has figured out this suitcase means a long trip. He followed me all morning with a sad trail, threw up twice (nervous tummy?) and would snuggle into me and lay his head on my shoulder when I picked him up. Then, as I loaded the car, he got mad at me. I felt so bad and wanted to cry leaving him like that. I'm thankful that my parents and sister will spoil him rotten while I am away.

In addition to fretting over Poco, I fretted about my luggage. I'm not taking that much more stuff but my carry in size suitcase is packed. I can't figure it out.

We got through security rather quickly and sat to wait for the plane to board. Some woman sat down across from where I was sitting and had a pet cage with her. She opened the door and took out a lovely little female Maltese. Well, in my current state this was not good and I felt even worse being separated for Poco for so long. But, there is no way he can come with. I watched this little dog bark at  people passing by and eventually fall asked on the woman's lap. So loyal, Maltese are.

The flight to Warsaw was, for the most part, uneventful. I wasn't able to sleep, but whatever. It was frustrating to see Germany pass by on the map but we couldn't parachute out and it was cheapest to do it this way. We were on the ground in Poland for all of an hour before being airborne again. Once in Germany we took the shuttle to our hotel and took a long walk.

It's good to be back. It's so familiar to me here, and I was reminded of this while in Poland where things felt so foreign. I've counted down days and hours since I returned last summer and now here I am, back in the land I love so dearly. I'm happy as a clam, and the only thing that would make it better is if Poco was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment